Saturday, December 31, 2005

Dec 31, 2005 Last day of 2005

Tim's gone for his last scenic ride with Mom and Dad: to the dump! We leave the best to the last. I stayed home. Took some last minute pictures of us. Bags are packed and ready to go.

Mom and Dad drove us to the airport. The flight was right on time. Barry picked us up at the airport. After arriving home, Barry made up some drinks for us. I also got to enjoy a bowl of his pea soup that he made while we were gone. Have to admit it was better than when I make it. We also had some meatballs as an appetizer. It was good to be home.

We had decided to stay home this evening, especially since Tim and I had been gone all week. I'm sure it was a long week for Barry without us being home. Plus he just had chemo yesterday. By the way, Barry is still looking for one of his presents that he wanted for Christmas: a tumor removal kit! I told him he was supposed to ask Dr. G for it, his oncologist..

I've just downloaded a few pictures of our vacation on my blog. I hope you enjoy a small glimpse into the good times we enjoyed on the Cape.

As I look back at 2005 I have so many memories, bad and good. The bad was hearing the word cancer twice: for myself and then for Barry. The good came to us in the form of friendship from family and friends. I'm also so proud of Tim this past year especially. He continues to be a caring person and to get good grades in school. I can't ask for anything more of him.

As I look forward to 2006, I continue to pray that Barry's cancer be a thing of the past. I hope for the day that cancer is behind us. But until that day, I will keep the faith and stay positive. And as Jody once told me, it's a good day when you are 6 feet above the ground! This year as taught me not to take things for granted, to appreciate things more fully.

Thanks to all my angels, here on the earth and elsewhere. Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR...
we like all of your pictures it is so nice to see everyone.and you had a nice busy week too and the good seafood don can't wait for his trip back to get that..