Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Our Relay for Life News..........



This is the email that I got last week from a student at the College about the April 12th Relay for Life:


Message: Hello, My name is Taylor -. I am the head chair for Westminster's Relay for life this year. Through a grapevine of people I heard about you and your husband's battle with cancer. I am sure you know about Relay for Life and what we stand for and hope to accomplish. The reason I am e-mailing you is that we at Relay for life would be honored if you and your husband would cut the ceremonial ribbon for this years Relay for Life. This year's Relay is on April 12. I hope you and your husband will consider doing this for us. If you have any questions or would like to talk to me in person please e-mail me and let me know. Thank you, Taylor -

(last name omitted due to privacy)

I was so honored to be asked to cut the ceremonial ribbon. Barry and I have agreed to be a part of this special event.

I am a bit disappointed that Tim will not be able to attend the Relay since he will be away on a spring band trip to Tenn. It will certainly be different without him walking with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane - wow, that's coming up fast! I hope the weather is nice. It sure has grown over the years. It will be so wonderful for you to have your workplace/co-workers there for you this year!

It holds a special place in my heart as that's where you and I first met. Wish it had been under different circumstances, but I can't imagine not knowing you. You are a silver lining, Jane. Love you!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Wow Jane, what an honor!! This just shows how many people's lives you have touched through all of this.
Lisa