Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First radiation appt. is tomorrow!

After two preliminary appts. I am scheduled to have my first dose of radiation tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. All the appts. will be that same time, Monday through Friday. Always have the weekend off. Yeah. The time works for me since I can incorporate having radiation to be part of my lunch hour. Talk about fun! I'm looking forward to going back to work with a certain "glow" about me. My chest is marked up quite nicely, as if a child decided to draw on it with a permanent marker.
Today's appt. consisted of laying on the table for about 40 minutes, unable to move an inch, and having films made as the machine would circle my body from side to side.
Don't worry, you know me: I'll eventually take pictures of the process. Bob and Ursula were the technicians today. By the time I got off of the hard table, my collar bone area was hurting so bad from the positioning of my arms to be over my head. It seems that I'll be having pain for awhile. Just a normal work day is painful to me by about noontime. Don't get me wrong. I'm not whining but just explaining how I feel.

So, that's it for now. A new journey begins tomorrow.....

PS. Yeah for my sister Maureen as she had her mammogram done today and everything is fine. Just because of me my sisters are now at high risk. Good news, Moe!

No comments: