Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mammogram is fine!

Yeah, a test came back fine. I'm pretty pleased about that.

I got to the hospital early since I wasn't sure how traveling would be with the weather. My appt. was at 3:00 p.m. and I think I was done there by that time. They use the new digital mammogram, first time I've had that done. So within minutes the results are done, and much more accurate than the analog mammos.

I then went up a floor to meet with Dr. B. who heads the Magee Breast Cancer Center.
It must have been my special day, because I just had taken my coat off and my name was called. I only had to wait about 5 minutes after having my vitals taken before the doctor came into the room. Now that is a miracle in itself. God was truly on my side today!

The plan is this: after my CT/PET scan on March 11th, I will contact Dr. B for the results. And from there he will help me with any treatment plan that is needed. You can't beat having a Pittsburgh doctor on your side. I will also be seeing the local oncologist here. Am sure if need be, the 2 doctors will put their heads together if there is a need.

Again, a great day as far as testing goes. And the mammo is done for another year.

Have you had your mammo lately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An AWFUL DAY but GOOD RESULTS
worried all day with the BIG storm ur having, and sending to us in the NE.
So glad u didnt have any travel problems
Amen Dad

Anonymous said...

AND I BET TOMORROW WILL BE A GREAT DAY FOR YOU IN SO MANY WAYS!! U WAIT AND SEE!!! let's celebrate! a little birdie told me so and u shall see!! love moe

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to hear what a good day you had. You really sounded upbeat last night. I absolutely love your ending. Made me think about our friend. we'll have to get on her.
love ya
becky