Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rest rest rest

It's been a weekend of being in bed for this family. Barry and Tim were sick last week with bug like symptoms, achey bones/chills/fever. Tim missed some school time.
Barry was out of work anyway recovering from his chemo treatment. Not the best timing for him. Bad enough to have cancer, but to also have this crap is not fun. Barry heads back to work today, and I know he'll be anxious to get home and into bed.

Friday evening I came down with a wicked stomach ache (sort of like when I had kidney stone). Becky had just brought over a huge cheesecake for us. I had to run off on her it was so bad. I was a poor hostess. I was in bed very early that night.

Yesterday a.m., I woke up with achey legs and a fever of 101 degrees. I took some tylenol and went back to bed. By 3 p.m. I felt better. Don't know what that was all about, but am glad it did subside. Let's hope it stays away.

And as for today, I've taken it easy again. Very high winds with snow showers this a.m. Right now it's 6 degrees and wind continues to blow strong. I had such a nice surprise this p.m. while I was resting. BJ brought over some homemade soup, brownies, chocolate covered pretzels and a hyacinth plant on behalf of her and some of my good friends. I think my friends want to fatten me up! They know how much I love chocolate.

Tomorrow I head back to work full-time. Actually I've been working about 6 hrs. a day anyway. Don't know how it will be until you do it.

Tuesday I've been scheduled to meet with new radiation/oncologist. Have no biopsy results yet but this appointment has been made in order to be proactive. If in fact this new area is cancer, we know that it is aggressive and we can't just sit around. Radiation will probably be the route we take.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky wonder if I might taste your cheesecake. The Kaminskes used to take us into NYC for their famous cheesecakes.
Ahhh for those memories in Times Square.
VERY COLD and windy here today, with wind chill a STRONG MINUS 30

Anonymous said...

Jane,

"Rest" is the right thing. Those flu bugs are everywhere right now. Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday. Thinking of you! Ann