Thursday, February 21, 2008

First radiation treatment done....

For lunch I had a few minutes of radiation...along with an egg salad sandwich. Can't beat that combination, can you? You know you're in the right place for radiation when signs are all about you stating "CAUTION RADIATION." Very comforting. It was like old times as I lay down in a dark room, with a massive machine hovering over me, radiating my chest. For most of the time I just counted numbers to pass the time. You don't feel anything but you certainly do know what is happening to your body. You are totally alone as the technicians leave the room and the radiation begins. This is when you have lots of time to think, if only for the few minutes it takes.

11 more treatments to go and then I'll be having another CT/PET scan at Hillman Cancer Center. I honestly think I'll be getting more treatments since 3 years ago I had about 35 sessions and that was just as a "precaution." 12 just seems too few in my opinion. But perhaps these treatments are giving out more radiation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had a busy day. Hope you can rest this weekend.
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Know, that my whole family and church family back in Dayton, Ohio is praying for you and for God to give you the strength to get through these treatments.

Love,

Christian


Psalm 56:3
"What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."