Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Blood work

This a.m. I went for my blood work, no chemo, just blood work. And while waiting a woman who is dealing with cancer approached me and asked if I worked at the College. I said yes. She then mentioned that her daughter always reads my blog, ever since we had that article in New Castle Newspaper. Isn't it a small world. This woman at one time worked at I believe a snack counter at the college awhile ago.


I've lined up a ride to Pittsburgh for my appt. on Thursday at Shadyside. I'm taking a friend up on her offer while I was in the hospital, she said that if I ever needed a ride to an appt. to call her. And this was an apportunity. Thanks, Cathy.
I wouldn't feel comfortable driving that distance by myself. Having brain MRI and my other CT scans done. Busy day. Anxious day.

Spent some time with Jody and Patti today. Was nice to get out of the house.
PS. Took nap when I got home! I don't think a day passes by without a nap. Can't seem to get enough sleep.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your tests tomorrow, Jane. I'll be thinking of you. I know the anxiety those can create. Just breathe deeply and know so many are lifting you up with good thoughts and prayers. Your weekend sounded wonderful!
Love, Ann

Maureen said...

Jane,

My name is Maureen Graney and my mother, Pat Salmen, is the woman you met at Dr. Simon's office yesterday. She retired from Westminster 2 years ago and worked for Sodexho (food service.) After reading the article in the New Castle News about you and your husband, I am a daily reader of your blog. When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer this April, our family was devastated. However, reading your blog has given me such inspiration and I fill my mother in on your posts. Unfortunately, she & my father are technolgy challenged and have not mastered the Internet yet. Ha Ha After seeing one of your pictures with a t-shirt saying "cancer sucks", I asked a friend to create one for my mother. She wears it each time she goes for chemotherapy. You are in my prayers each and every day, Jane.

Maureen said...

Jane,

It is Maureen again. I wanted to pass along the blog I have begun for my mom, Pat Salmen. I have not kept up with the blog as I should and feel awful. I read what you are going through and the fact that you blog as often as you do amazes me. I will try to do a better job at posting. Please feel free to pass the blog address along to others. My mom would be thrilled.

Again, you are in my daily prayers. Please say a prayer for my mom. :)

http://patscancerbattle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey Wonderwoman: Resting is a good thing and you should do it often to gain your strength! Tons of prayers coming your way for a good week and a good day of testing for you.
Love Ya,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow....take care, gerry