Tuesday, July 29, 2008

CT Scan results..

Had chemo today and got my CT scan results: Not surprised that there was growth in lungs due to the months I was not given chemo due to brain tumor. Cancer got the upper hand then. The report makes note of 2 spots that both increased in size:
one was 5X8 mm and is now 7X10 mm and the other one increased from 4X4 mm to 13X17 mm.

My new treatment plan will be 2 weeks on chemo, followed by 1 week off. This is due to the fact I have never been able to get 3 treatments in anyway previously. A little adjustment is being made. I think in the long run I will be receiving more chemo.

I can't remember exactly how long she said it will be for the next CT scans. Too much input today. She also gave me a return back to work note for next Monday.

She did prescribe me ibuprofen 600 mg. for my shoulder/back that has been causing me daily problems. I don't believe I am doing this but I have an appt. with chiropractor tomorrow a.m. Am just grasping for some comfort. Like I said before, cancer (so far) I can deal with but shoulder/back I can't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane: I just left the adoration chapel which was full of women tonight, so I made a plea for all to say a pray for you and if any could to keep praying daily. When I left 2 of women who are friends with Auntie Betty, so they would start praying for you immediately. The women in our parish are a wonderful bunch of ladies. Love Ya Tons and Hang In There Better Days Are Ahead.
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Jane,

We'll all keep praying for even more improvement now that you are getting back on a regular chemo schedule. Hope you find some relief from the pain at the chiro. I am so happy you can return to work. You have such a great support group there. I think it will be so good for you! Hang in there, friend! Ann