Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our God Is An Awesome God

I attended the Women of Faith Conference this weekend with local church. There was about 60 ladies on the bus trip. And about 10,000 at the arena. It was fantastic. Lots of laughing, crying, singing, thinking, and clapping. A little of everything. We couldn't fall asleep Friday night with all the information we listened to. As my sister said "lots of input." I am not able to fully describe the conference, but am looking forward to going back next year. Once you go, you will continue to go.

I had mentioned at dinner to the ladies I was with what brought me to the Baptist church. I explained I was going between the Baptist and Presbyterian church. And that Lisa P. had known I was looking for a church with upbeat Christian music. And I found that and more at both these churches. And the best thing is that come Sunday Tim asks me which church we're going to, unlike before. And I mentioned that my favorite song was Our God Is An Awesome God, and Nanette (pastor's wife) looked to her daughter and said "you've got a special request." I didn't realize her daughter was a singer. And then during the last hour of the conference yesterday, I was about to leave 'cause I was tired and sore. You know, God works in mysterious ways. I could hear the beginning music of the song, my favorite all-time song, and I jumped up and clapped my hands. Nanette put her arm on my shoulder and said this song was for me! With tears falling down my face I clapped to the song, and danced as if no one was watching me. Without inhibitions. It was great. Dreams due come true.

I met so many nice people, with lots of stories to tell. And I shared my story with anyone that would listen as I always do. Even gave out business cards with my blog information. It was one of those weekends that I will treasure, especially when I'm not feeling well.

So thanks Lisa P. (who was unable to attend due to not feeling well) for mentioning my name to the Pastor's wife Nanette. I am truly blessed and words can't fully explain how much.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane: I am so glad you had a wonderful time this weekend. Sounds like that spiritual lift and refreshment is just what you needed!

I always wonder how people with no faith can get through tough times.

I'm sorry Lisa wasn't feeling well and unable to attend.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: So glad to hear that your trip was everything you needed. Get some rest today and I will catch up with you later in the week.
Love Ya,
Debs ;-}

Anonymous said...

Jane - I believe it is win win situation for everyone. You feel truly blessed because of everyone you know and everyone that knows you feels truly blessed for knowing you! Everyone is blessed -- what a great thing! Love, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

jane,
so glad you had a great uplifting time and found a wonderful sanctuary of beautiful spirits to surround yourself with. Those kinds of trips can change a person's life.
Hope you are enjoying the summer!
bj

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane - I sent a few pictures to your WC e-mail and I'm trying to get them all uploaded so everyone can see them. What a great time we had! I'm still singing some of those songs - 'specially Awesome God - that was too sweet! We'll have you on the prayer list for tomorrow's stuff.

Denise