Thursday, October 23, 2008

Senior Night at Tim's soccer game

Since it was Sr. night for Tim's soccer game, they were recognized and had photos taken with their parents. Or in my situation, with me. It was a large senior group of about 12 or so kids. Had lots of people taking pictures, tomorrow I will download.

When I got there it was just right the temperature, but within 10 minutes I was freezing. First place that freezes is my chest plate and then right arm. Then I moved up to the press box. Sheltered from the elements but still couldn't get the chill off. I couldn't wait to get home but wanted to see the whole game as it could be the last time I get a chance to see Tim play. I was so pleased to have Patti's company up there, she had asked Beckster where I was. The score: a win for us. 12-zero.

The walk to the car seemed to take so long. I was in so much pain. Hard to explain. It's a muscle aching, and as I fight it it gets worse. Didn't even see Tim after the game. He unfortunately did not score any goals. But played well.

Jammies are on, pain meds are in system. Blood work tomorrow.

Hopefully the tenseness will go away soon. I know from this I will be spending most of these evenings to come inside the house.

Thenks Beckster, Rick and Patti.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, I'm so glad you were able to go tonight. Congrats on your senior season, Tim! I happy to hear you had a place to get out of some of the cold, and only a Mom would go through all of that to see her boy play soccer. :) Yes, it's that weather that makes us want to stay in--especially when we don't feel well. Hope those pain meds are going to work quickly! Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Jane, Focus on the good from last night...that you got to see Tim play and be recognized as a Senior. We are all so proud of you. The pain can be overbearing at times...rely on the Lord for your strength.
Lisa P