Tuesday, April 25, 2006

#2 Chemoembolization

Tim arrived home last night at 10:30 p.m. after a 23 hr. bus trip. He'll be staying home today since he's not feeling himself.

Left at 4:30 a.m. this morning to go to Pittsburgh for Barry's second chemoembolization procedure. We were told to be at the hospital at 6 a.m.

It was a very long wait for the procedure. We got there at 6 a.m. and the actual chemo treatment didn't start until 1 p.m. From 6 a.m. until 11 a.m. we were in one unit with the IV's connected, and then moved to the radiation/m.r.i. department for another two hours. This delay did not happen last cycle, and hopefully won't happen again. The good thing was Barry napped a lot during this time.

As soon as he was taken for the procedure, I went to the cafeteria for lunch and to get a sandwich to go for Barry in the evening. When I found out the room Barry was going to be placed in, I went there and waited for him. He was brought there at about 4 p.m. From the time he arrived and until the time I left at about 7:30 p.m., he never asked for a painkiller like last cycle. He slept most of the time which to me is a blessing. Once again, a patient nearby was told by their doctor that they have cancer. There's just too much of this disease out there.

Barry's doctor, Dr. G. stopped by before I left. As I've previously posted, he has read my blog. He may not be posting any comments, but he is a reader. Actually made a comment to me about how I write so much in my blog, not leaving out anything. Said I would probably post which parking garage I was parked in. Well, he's wrong about that! I'm not going to tell you. He agreed that Barry did wonderful today. And is pleased with his chemo treatment today.

As I drove home from the hospital so many things went through my head. And they were good things today. So pleased that Barry did so well today. As Beckster has said, he's such an ox. A very strong person. In all that time we waited, he never complained.

And above all, I know Who is to thank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barry's the best!

We all have a lot to learn form him.

Give him my best wishes.

TimBa