Sunday, April 02, 2006

I continue to love this town...

Tim had his first outdoor soccer game today. We took his buddy with us. I was so happy when I was asked to drive him. For once I could help out as many have helped me out. It's so nice to know that you have friends. It was great seeing all my soccer friends at the game. A very nice group of friends. As much as I whine about the season, it is enjoyable being part of such a nice group.

After the game (which they lost 2-1) we had to get back briefly on a toll road. This particular entrance has no person working the booth, just the machine to drop the coins in. The vehicle ahead of us was stopped at the booth. It happened to be a boy on the soccer team. Could tell he was looking for change. So I had Tim's buddy get out of truck and give him some coin. He ended up putting about 40 pennies into the machine! Was quite funny to be part of.

After bringing Michael home, Tim and I went to gas station to get Subway. Only in a small town would you see a man pull up to the pumps driving a John Deere tractor!

These are just a couple of reasons why I love this town..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have seen the lawn tractors rolling down 318 toward the high school at 7:10 am a few years back. The W. Middlesex Red Neck Senior High Schooler Boys were showing their colors that year.
Ever see a lawn tractor with side pipes? You gotta love the small town atmosphere.
CW