Friday, April 07, 2006

Relay for Life is tomorrow...

Am looking forward to walking once again at the college's Relay for Life walk tomorrow. Last year I walked after just hearing the word cancer a month prior.

Tim will also be walking with his Latin club like he did last year. I'm so proud of him. Today he was interviewed by the college's radio station (which will probably be aired over the sound system tomorrow at the Relay) at the suggestion of his Latin teacher. She knows what we've been going through and thought he would be the perfect person to be interviewed. He also raised a lot of money with the help of our friends and family members. I got a beautiful email from his teacher this afternoon.

"His commitment to this was amazing. I was really impressed. You have quite a son, but then you already knew this!"

She will also be walking at noon tomorrow with the survivors. I'm looking forward to joining her and all the other angels that will be there. I hope that Barry will also join me. But I do understand that each person is different and I'm not going to push.

By the way, Tim was asked if it was difficult to raise the money. His response: "not really. We have a lot of friends and family who have supported us."

I told you he was the best! Thanks to all of you who gave generously to this cause.
And of course, you know pictures will follow..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not every person wants to be in the lime light