Sunday, April 30, 2006

A nice weekend

Looking back it was a pretty nice weekend. Yesterday Tim and I did yark work. It looks great. I would rather do outside work than house work! And with the high price of gas, $3.00 gallon, I took my scooter out a couple of times to do store errands. It was a nice sunny weekend for a change. Tim was a referee for a soccer game.

Saturday afternoon I served as eucharistic minister for the first time at my church. I was "captain" and was not nervous for a bit. I think it's because God was on my side. It felt so good giving to the church. I think I'm doing as well as I am because of my faith.

Today Tim had a soccer game. It was so sunny that he ended up with a nice sun burn. I do enjoy going to see him play, but have to admit I enjoy the social aspect even more. It's a chance to talk with good friends.

I was able to even take a nap this afternoon. Tim went to his confirmation rehearsal this evening. He makes his confirmation this Thursday. Where does the time go? A friend of ours is going to be his sponsor. He's been a good friend to us. Wish they had allowed parents to be one, but that's not allowed. Would have asked his Godmother or Godfather, but both live out of state. And with the ceremony on a weekday that wouldn't have been convenient.

As for Barry, he's been feeling what I think are the aches of neulasta. I had him stay home from game today so he could rest. More important than going to a game. He never complains, just keeps on going. Even cooked dinner on the grill yesterday for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A busy weekend for sure. Your comment on Sundays Game, didnt mention that u guys had to travel over 40 miles to get to the city!!!
That will eat up the gas, for sure.
And, who won?