Thursday, April 13, 2006

Surgery today

We got to hospital at 7 a.m. I had the breast localization procedure at about 8:30 a.m. This is when they sat me in chair and did mammogram slides after inserting a needle with wire into left breast. A bit uncomfortable but that's life. And they continued to take slides to have the wire mark off the area where the clip had been inserted during the biopsy a couple of weeks ago. This is done since the area of cells they want to remove would not be noticeable by naked eye. By the last slide my body got clammy and the nurse noticed that. She knew it was time for me to lie down before passing out. Could not wait to lie down and feel the wet cold cloth on my neck. My blood pressure certainly wasn't as it was a short while before.
Surgery was delayed from 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. due to doctor being late. It took about 30 minutes. The last thing I remembered was mask going on my nose and then I was out. Then in recovery room.
I got back to my room at about 1 p.m. and was able to watch my soap opera. We left the hospital at about 2:30 p.m. On a scale of 1-10, my pain was about 2 or 3. Felt pretty good. Similar to first surgery I had last year. Sure does beat having a drain put inside. Before leaving they did give me a percocet. Once I got home and had a slice of pizza, I went to bed and slept for 3 hrs.
Got up and we went out to a late dinner. Again, I continue to feel good and am thankful for that.
Thanks to all for your continued prayers for me and my family.

I am off tomorrow to rest and to take it easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you.....
Aileen

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Always... you post and bare your soul about everything happening to you/and your family. My new nick name for you "john wayne" toughest gal in the EAST! I pray your body heals quickly and you may enjoy the blessings of EASTER with those you hold most dear. Also, while shopping yesterday met Aileen, bought lots of noodles...she is lovely person and the noodles are a big hit!
bj