Thursday, April 27, 2006

MUGA scan for Jane

I was told by my primary doctor that my echocardiogram results indicate a need for further testing, done via MUGA scan. This will be done next Wednesday. It's a known fact that adriamycin, the chemo drug that I was on last year (and Barry is presently on) can cause damage to your heart. This test has been scheduled by a new cardiologist I've been told to see. It's a non invasive test with excellent results, better than echocardiogram. And since I had one of those done before chemo, I'm looking forward to actually seeing what damage if any there is with my heart.

Barry continues to do well. I don't even think he napped at all today. As usual his face is bright red/flushed from steroid. Always happens the first few days. He had blood work and neulasta shot today. Neulasta is the $5,200 shot in the arm! Good stuff. Don't know how the medical field can price these items so high.

Rather than cooking, we went out to dinner. Now we all have leftovers. So much food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane: I've been having MUGA scans every 4 months & it's not a bad test. The last time I had the "new" machine & the tests took a little over a hour. Take care! Terri