Sunday, November 12, 2006

Questions

Barry worked on his truck most of the afternoon yesterday. Not what I thought he should be doing days before surgery, but something that he said needed to be done. Wanted to do it because he's not sure how he will be feeling afterwards.

Tim went to the school football playoff game. Barry and I stayed home, not a time to be out in cold drizzly weather. Have to stay healthy. The team won so they will continue on in the playoffs. They remain undefeated.

Last night Barry asked me a question. He asked me what would I feel if the biopsy does show cancer? Didn't really answer him.

A short while later, my brain went into play. And I told him this: for about 18 months we've lived with the understanding that he had lung cancer that went to the liver. And by having this biopsy, this will become clearer to us. My thoughts are: if it is indeed cancer, why has it not changed in size over all these months? Especially since Feb 2006 when he only has had chemo to the liver. And if it is cancer, is it a different kind of cancer? The liver cancer is a very rare type of cancer according to the experts. A lot of questions, and hopefully by the end of the week we'll have answers.

Since Barry continues to be Barry, he will be working tonight. And then we'll be on the road to Pittsburgh by 6 a.m.

Again, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: