Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What are you thankful for?

Tonight I went to see Tim play an indoor soccer game. While there, I talked as usual with my friend Lisa. She was telling me of their Thanksgiving church service tonight. At one point of the service, each person had to find another person to talk to and to tell them one thing they were thankful for. And that person would in turn do the same. And congregation was given a chance to if they wanted to, to openly stand up and announce what they were thankful for. What a neat idea. I wish I had been there.

Me, I'm thankful for my family. Especially Barry and Tim, and of course parents and all. I'm truly thankful for our friends who have become angels in our lives. And I guess you have to be thankful to God for each and every day we're here. And I'm thankful for the strength that I have, strength that I never knew I had until cancer entered our lives.

What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kaminske family!

I am most thankful for God's gift of salvation - that He sent His son Jesus to die on the cross for ME, so that I have eternal life! :-)

I am also very thankful for my family and friends and for every day that we are given. Cancer makes you realize how mortal we are, and that we just never know what lies in store. In a way cancer gives us a second chance - to realize what is important and what not to fret over.

I hope you all have a nice relaxing day! ~ JK

Anonymous said...

I am THANKFUL for every DAY that my feet hit the floor and I can move foward...that my family and friends can arise out of their beds and face another day to make better choices and live fully with GOD's strength and promise of salvation. EACH DAY is a gift and another chance to do something better or make someone else's life more enriched...It really is why we are here.
WE have the POWER to touch other's lives every second we are here...and to learn from those around us.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
bj