Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another Relay for Life...

I didn't know how I would do today, but thanks to the support of my friends and the community at the college I made it without shedding a tear. You gave me strength.
I just came back from viewing the luminaries and I was so pleased by the numerous luminaries in my honor. My coworkers took sayings from my blog and had them written on the bag. My favorite was CANCER SUCKS. Geez, ain't that the truth. Even the regional representative from the Cancer Society mentioned this to me as I arrived this evening. He thought it was so nice, and I have to agree. No other bags were like mine. Thanks guys. You're the best.

The newspaper article will be printed and online Monday. Here's the site if you should like to read. I have not even seen the article, so am looking forward to what Barry said about us!


http://www.ncnewsonline.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane - you look cute as a button in your WC sweatshirt!

I'm so glad you and Barry had a great day. Missed being there with you but thought about you guys - glad you didn't blow away!

What a cool idea your coworkers had for the Luminary bags!

Love, JK