Friday, April 04, 2008

A record number of comments...

I love it. I never really knew how many people read my blog. Has made my day a bit brighter.

Today I booked a mini getaway to the Cape to see my family for Memorial Day weekend.
Tim and I will be flying there for the long weekend. This idea just came to me last week, I just felt I needed to see my family. It's been too long. And if my friend can get time off of her job, she will also visit the Cape with me. I did invite Barry to come, but if he was to go there he would have preferred to drive.

I made the local college newspaper's front page today. They even quoted me about dealing with cancer. It's all in preparation for our local Relay for Life event next Saturday. It was just a few minutes of an interview but that's all it takes to get the point across.

Here's a portion of the article:

The Relay for Life, which benefits
the American Cancer Society,
will take place on April 12, 2008
from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. A ribbon
cutting ceremony in honor of
cancer victims and survivors of the
campus and community will start
the day off. Among those honored
at the Relay for Life kick off includes
Barry and Jane Kaminske,
both recently diagnosed with cancer.
Carnival style games, a Chinese
auction, and entertainment
from Titan Radio is scheduled to
be behind the Memorial Field
House. Additional entertainment
will take place in Shaw Hall parking
lot with a car show.

“You become aware of how
great the community is,” Jane
Kaminske, honoree/Business Office
Financial Data Coordinator
said. “From meals to friendship,
you meet nice people when you’re
going through a hard time.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Again, thanks to everyone for their support. You mean the world to me.

No comments: