Monday, April 28, 2008

Jane's comment from her friend Becky, 4/27/08:

I was away Friday and Saturday and didn't get to see Jane. First thing this morning I went up to see her because her family had told me I wouldn't believe my eyes. Once again our girl astounds me!! When I left she had no use of her arm or leg. Today she was walking and using her right hand to eat!! There is nothng that girl won't try to tackle. It felt so good to see her doing so well, because I missed her when I was away. I was glad to be able to see her Mom and Dad before they left. Jane has made such great progress and I believe that it took a team of family, friends and her strength to get her to this point. I hope doug and kay are going home feeling like they can relax a little bit. Jane is ready to be a bit more independent right now. They have done such a wonderful job staying by her side all those days in the hospital and being away from their home. I am a little bit selfish in saying that I will sorely miss spending so much time with them. Doug gave me the best compliment today saying that he loved me like family. It is amazing how close we have all become pulling together all for one purpose in trying to help Jane. It is no surprise where Jane gets her great strength. She comes from great parents. I wish you a great trip doug and kay and we will be thinking about you often and sending you updates. Now stay out of trouble Doug!!!!!
love ya
becky

No comments: