Tuesday, April 15, 2008

THE REASON JANE IS TRULY A SURVIVOR-HER FRIENDS ARE WITH HER!

Tonight Kelly, Marian, Debbie, Joann, Michelle, Sue and I all went to see our girl Jane. I will be totally frank in what we saw and felt. It was very hard to see her in that condition. Even though I had been talking to Barry and knew her status, nothing prepared me for actually seeing her that way. The one thing I will say though is I am so glad that I went. She seemed sad and happy to see us. All of us girls including Jane spent a lot of time crying. It was hard to be strong for her when she just cried till you thought her heart along with our own would break. She seemed to be in some discomfort at times. It is hard to know exactly what to do because you just want to make it all better and take her and Tim and Barry home. The guys both looked exhausted. So much stress on a family, I can't even comprehend how they feel. At one time she reached out to hold Tim's hand and just sobbed. You could tell she wanted to tell him so much. My favorite line of hers regarding Tim is "I have such a good kid." I am going to make sure that I tell him that. I made sure that I told her about everyone who has called me asking and worrying about her. I wanted her to know how many people care. It was very hard to leave. When I left I went up to hug her and she was just sobbing. I looked her in the eyes and I could tell she wanted to say something to me. We have a running joke that whenever I call her I ask her what she is doing. She always answers me "I am talking to you!!" So I told her that after this surgery she would say that to me again. She concentrated so hard and then she very slowly said to me "I am talking to you" I don't know if that makes sense to others but that is a moment in my life that I will never forget. I just adore Jane. I don't know what to do to help except to tell you all that until you get here we are here and we will love her all we can. I think you need to get here soon though. She needs you guys. I asked her if she wanted to see you and she shook her head up a down as a definite yes. For all of you who are traveling have a safe trip. I will be contacting Barry for what is going on tomorrow. I will pray for Jane to rest well tonight.
God Bless.
Becky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane always says she has many ANGELS with her. Her friends are fantastic! Thanks for posting. Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Jane.....I will be there tonight to see you. My plane gets into Pitts at 6:45. Becky, thank you so much for the wonderful letter about my sister. You are a true friend to her when we can't be there. Will see you all soon. Love to all
Eileen

Anonymous said...

What a great letter. Thanks Becky.
Love and prayers going out to Jane from Matt and family.