Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chemo again today

I past the blood test. As I told the nurses today, I studied very hard for the test! And it worked. They laughed. We agreed that laughter is the best medicine.
This afternoon I took a nap. Since they give me a steroid as part of the pre-med, I have to grab a nap whenever possible. I remember the other time as being extremely tired but awake at the same time. Unable to sleep.

So as this chemo is going through my body, I'll be watching for similarities/differences. Not all treatments have the same results. Only time will tell.

Patti took me to get a Coolata as a treat. Someone recently questioned the cost of one of these, my remark: after you have suffered as much as I had, you deserve a treat!

Two families leave our town tomorrow. My neighbors Chuck and Janet W, and the Pres. of the College and his wife Jean. Since being positive is one of the things impt. to me, this is my thought. Now I will have 2 new places to travel and to visit. And I am good at emailing. So I didn't say bye to them, I said see ya! And that's my plan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good plan. I said goodbye and made myself cry. love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

I'm glad you were able to get this chemo under your belt. I hope that in the coming days your body responds well to it.

I just had a Hazelnut Coolata yesterday! No matter that it was only 60˚ outside. . .

Hope you can stay cozy today and rest.

Much love, JK

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: Just checking in and by the way I need my DD ice coffee every morning during the summer or my day is not good. Get some rest and remember "DD Keeps America Running" HA HA.......
Love Ya,
Debs :-}