Monday, June 09, 2008

Tim starts 1st summer college course today

Tim is taking advantage of dual enrollment that our high school and the college where I work has. He goes M-Th mornings I think for about 6 weeks. Said he wants to see what it's all about. There are only 5 students in his class, and he's the only one in high school. Good odds. I know he'll do as best as he can. You can't beat the price and experience.

I woke up when he did, just to make sure he got off as planned. Then I went back to bed until 10:30 a.m. I've now come up with a plan of keeping ibuprofen at bedside along with ear thermometer. This way I don't have to go downstairs when I'm not feeling well.

My next chemo is tomorrow @ 8:45 a.m. My friend Lisa asked if she could take me. I said yes, would give Barry a day off. Before I receive chemo, I'll have to have blood checked to see if levels are where they should be. Especially with the symptoms I had yesterday, along with the fatigue, these are crucial elements that come into play. And therefore chemo would be delayed. I don't want that to happen.

PS Last night I had just cleaned the bathroom sink. I then took the comb and combed the hair backwards. Was trying to find the area that was shaved from my brain surgery. I looked down into the sink and there was a lot of hair. The brochure I was given from oncologist did not mention this as side effect, but the drug's website does. 8 in 10 patients do have hair loss, not permanent. I don't know why they say not permanent. Because as soon as you stop the drugs that cause hair loss the hair grows back. Unlike in the past, I'm not going to shave my hair unless it comes out in CLUMPS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to talk to you today. you sounded stronger today than the other day. Hope you have good blood work results tomorrow. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: Good luck today. Those aren't really the right words, ya know? Just know I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything falls into place for this treatment and that you feel well following.

It normally takes 15 days from when you receive chemo that causes your hair to fall out for the hair to grow to the surface of your scalp and DOES fall out, so soon you'll know for sure.

You are even more beautiful bald, Jane.

Love you, JK

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: Good Luck tomorrow with your chemo and hats off to Tim for being so eager to go to college. What a great guy he has turned out to be! My best to everyone and stay cool. It hit 98 in CT yesterday for New London County and it felt like it.
Love Ya - Debs ;-}