Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's Tuesday, therefore it's blood work day

I had blood work today. It's my off week from having chemo. But had it been scheduled, I wouldn't have been able to get it again. Due to low white blood cells. I flunked the test again. I see a pattern forming. It's supposed to be chemo 3 weeks in a row, followed by 1 week without chemo. It's been every other week so far. I have an appt. with Dr. Simon next week and I'll be asking her questions about the treatment. Maybe they could reduce the amount of chemo, less side effects. Am always tired, don't ever seem to have energy. Oh, to be the energizer bunny! Patti drove me to this appt., and a special treat was a Dunkin Donuts coffee coolata. She was also kind enough to share some of her perennials with me. I just love flowers.

By the way, Barry got the results of his CT scans from Friday. No change. But he continues to have aches and pains. No mention of when he'll be having his next chemo. Geeez, it's been about 6 months.

Tim is 1/2 way done with his summer college class. He's enjoying the subject, and he seems to have a lot of homework. The way I look at it, not wasting the summer. Works in the afternoon for a teacher doing odds and ends, plus keeps the neighbors yard mowed and in good shape. Busy is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, It will be good to talk to your doctor. It is always a boost to know what is going on. Good news about Barry. Sorry he isn't feeling well.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear from you. I was holding back on phone calls knowing you were resting. Good news for Barry, now let's just get his next appt on the schedule. I hope since this is an off week you are able to build up some energy, I think that coolatta helped with all that caffeine!!! I am thinkig of you. love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane, As always, I'm thinking of you and saying prayers for strength and healing. Ann