Saturday, June 21, 2008

No relief from shoulder pain

It's been 2 days since I had the cortisone shots and I don't feel any relief. Dr. said it could take 3 days. If still no relief I will contact him next week. Not sure if I mentioned on this blog but I did hear from doctor that the x-rays showed nothing out of the ordinary. I still am not sleeping through the night even with sleeping pill. May have to look into doubling it.

We sold our 5th wheel. It was driven away by new owners this a.m. Due to health conditions we had not used it for 2 years. Barry actually had not been in it all last summer. He used to go out there at times and watch TV. Our dream of going up the top of Michigan camping never came to pass. Oh well, am glad it's out of the yard since we hadn't used it. My sister Eileen has lost her space when she comes to visit! I told her we still had a tent...to pitch in the backyard. Yes, Eileen, you were the person who last used it. You always chose that to sleeping in the house.

On my to buy list is a ranch style house with at least 3 acres. Having 3 floors and a basement is way too much room, especially with all the stairs to climb.

Tim went to University of Pitt with his 2 friends for a tour today. That and Penn State are two of the colleges he is interested in. Likes the idea of a big school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Hope that arm pain goes away soon. That has to be wearing you out!
One door closed, another opened. "Goodbye" camper, "hello" travel to who knows where? Maybe a cruise? Sounds like fun to me.
Good luck to Tim in choosing a school. He'll do great at either.
Happy, Sunday, Jane, and blessings for a restful, comfortable sleep.
Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: I hope today was a better day for you.

I'm so sorry your shoulder is still causing you pain. Praise God the tests on it came back negative. I'm not one to advocate chiropractic medicine, but I wonder if that would be an option to try to find relief? Might not be possible due to your chest surgery. Just a thought.

That's good news that you sold your camper. Even though you didn't get to use it to head to Michigan, who knows what the future holds. Perhaps a new opportunity will arise. We just unloaded our camper too last week. Kinda nice to have them out of the driveway, eh?

Oh how I'd love to downsize my house, too!

Much love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane: Give yourself a couple more days with the shoulder. It sometimes take 3 to 5 days for it to kick into my bad knee. Then all of sudden I can walk again and it feels great!
Love Ya Lady,
Debs :-}