Monday, June 16, 2008

Friends are ....

I was just getting my jammies on for my afternoon nap. It was just about 4 p.m. And I noticed a minivan coming into my driveway that I didn't recognize. Went to see who it was and I was truly amazed: it was Jean W. (college pres.'s wife) with a bag of assorted cookies. When we met the other day she shared some frozen chocolate chip cookies, and knows I have a sweet tooth. Now this is a packing day for her and her husband. They are relocating to another state and I don't have to tell you how busy she must be. And to think she took the time to come to see me. I was truly surprised (but why should I be?). The day I came home from having brain surgery her husband came to see me (well, I was just zombied out in recliner) with so much ham.

And as expected, if it's a special moment in my life I take out my camera. The cookies are shown along with an updated picture of the veggies that Patti planted a few weeks ago.

Friends are.... priceless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, You certainly are blessed with a great support system. They keep us going, don't they? :)

Hoping you have a good night's rest and some relief very soon! Enjoy those cookies!

Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Jane,

There are special people everywhere in this town! How sweet of her (no pun intended!) to bring those cookies. And your veggies look great too!! Way to go Patti!!

Good Luke with your chemo today.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane: Have a good day and those cookies look yummy!
Thinking about ya.....
Deb ;-}

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Only you would actually take a picture of the cookies!!! I loved when you told me that Jean stopping by made you day brighter. Isn't that what friends are all about? Wow we sure are going to miss her.... I hope she has an easy transition the next two days. Thinking of you today all day. Hope it is going well. I wish I could have been there. Love ya
Becky