Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Full day at the Cape

I took Mom for a haircut in the morning, followed by a quick trip the Christmas tree shop. Spent about 2 bucks there... And then we went to the mall where Tim bought me another Thomas Kinkade calendar. Mom and I got our rings cleaned at a jewelry store. I don't think I've ever had that done. I was able to have someone at the mall fix mom's medic necklace. The clasp had got broken. And this woman didn't charge anything to do it. Very nice woman.

Had lunch at a pizza restaurant and Dad gave us a tour around the Kennedy compound. Tim wasn't able to get close enough for a picture of the house though. Just pics of the pier where they sail from.

Mom, Tim and I went to see Mark and Carol D. and family. They used to be our neighbors when we lived on the Cape. I used to babysit their daughter, and now she is 22 years old and in college. They also have a 17 year old son who loves to play hockey. I can't recall the last time I saw them. Even though it's been many years, they looked as if it was yesterday. Very nice people, great neighbors. They now live in a different home which is so nice. We didn't stay long, but I needed to say hi to them for all their support.

We then went to WalMart for a couple of items and then to dinner at Barnicle Bill's. Mmmm. Finally had fried shrimp and fried pepper rings. Another excellent meal. So good I've had to unzip my pants! as I sit down and blog.

Not sure about tomorrow. Perhaps a visit to my brother's restaurant. Dad has already made our dinner plans which will include LOBSTER. It is Cape Cod, you know.

PS. Heard from Dr. today that the knee x-rays were perfect. Nothing wrong. Not much discomfort now. Still taking the celebrex for few days.

No comments: