Saturday, December 03, 2005

A GREAT DAY

Today I was honored at a luncheon by my girlfriends, who were my angels in preparing dinners for us while I went through chemo. I think there were more people at this lunch than at my wedding! I believe the end total was 16.. Can you believe that. And at this busy time of the year. It was a celebration of survival and also in honor of breast cancer awareness that was in October. I surprised them with dessert which was a BOOB cake made by Aileen's bakery. Her husband had presented her with this type of cake after her last radiation treatment. I think that the bakery should go into business just making these cakes. They also make penis cakes! if you are interested.. We had a lot of laughs with the cake. Especially when my friend did the cutting of it. Someone said she was doing a breast reduction. I felt so honored and blessed today. To think I have this many friends takes my breath away.

Upon coming home I had a floral arrangement delivered to me. It was a Christmas arrangement sent to me by a friend who couldn't make the luncheon, Cindy. Geez, can it get any better?

At about 5 p.m. I got a call from Tim. He got a 6 point BUCK!! So far he was the only person in his group that had any luck today. He was so excited. It was his first deer. Deer hunting is so popular in this community. They took a picture of him and the deer so hopefully it will come out and as you know, soon will be posted on my blog. I can't believe that I congratulated him for doing so, as I do love my deer! I definitely know that he will be hunting again next year. He's going to keep the antlers and make a display with them.

So yes, today is a great day. It's hard for me to type how blessed I feel, but know that I am.

Thanks for making this day special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed the luncheon today tremendously. It was so good to be celebrating life!!!

Just loved the BOOB cake!!

Lisa