Friday, December 30, 2005

Since it was our last full day on the Cape, I decided that we would travel to RI and spend some time with my sister Eileen. We got there a little after noon. Yes, we ate out again. This time at D'Angelos subs. Sure beats Subway. Wish they would open some of these sub shops in Pennsylvania. While we were there (Mom, Tim and I) my niece Tina stopped by with her son Jamie. This was an unexpected surprise for us. So in looking back at these past few days, I've seen both my sisters, my brother, my parents, my in-laws, Matt and his family, Tina and Jamie. You know, that ain't bad. I may have even left out a family member. I also got to visit with Peter and the Delaneys. I did all that I had hoped to do while here. And it also was beneficial to my mother, she got to see all her children this week.

We leave tomorrow for God's country. Not sure what if anything we will be doing for New Year's eve. Barry had a chemo treatment today and being in a crowd for him is not recommended. I am thinking that perhaps just spending the evening together as a family is a good idea. I know that Barry has missed us these past few days, more than any other time that we've gone away.

Am so thankful that we had this time to get away and spend this time with family and friends. As I leave the Cape I can say that I did all that I came to do. And of course, maybe gained another pound or so!

No comments: