Saturday, December 10, 2005

I'm back...

I think I got a request from Hoppe to post things on my blog. I must admit that I haven't been posting. As they often say, no news is good news. Hard to believe that Christmas is 2 weeks away, and then Tim and I will be going to Cape Cod for about 5 days. Can't wait to see my family and eat some fresh seafood.

It was a pretty calm week. Got my nails done one day and Tim had his Christmas concert on another day. We picked up the venizen meat from the butcher last night. Looks like we'll have lots of good meat to get us through a cold winter. I'm a bit hesitant though in trying it. Can only remember it vaguely when I was a child.

Barry had another chemo treatment yesterday. And since I was having my lunch at about the same time, I decided to drive over and sit with him for awhile. His treatments now last about 1 1/2 hrs. He goes every week like clockwork. I'm thinking of making some cupcakes for him to take to the staff. They are so wonderful to us. Barry and I have recently talked that if we come into any lottery money, etc. that we would donate some to the Cancer Center. They do not have cable tv and I think this would make a nice contribution. It can be a long time sitting there with only about 4 channels.

Our Christmas tree is up and decorated. Just need some friends to stop by to also enjoy it. I wanted to get a small 3 ft. lit tree for myself, but the stores are already sold out of them. When will I learn to buy it when they first come out. Would go perfectly in a window and look like a large tree. Next year..

Tim's had a friends house for a sleepover. Thanks BJ for having him over. Will be picking him up in a.m. to go to church.

Oh by the way Hoppe, I took a nice 3 hr. nap today. The best.. followed by steak on the grill. Mmm.

No comments: