Thursday, December 29, 2005

More good times

Since being on the Cape, I have been keeping in touch with Barry. Right after we left he made a double batch of pea soup with the ham remains. Said he's just about through with eating it now! He told me that it was the best he's ever had.

This morning I took Tim and mom to the mall again. Tim bought a Steven King book, already read one of the books he bought the other day. Damn kid, he keeps reading on his vacation!! I barely read the paper. I bought a couple of tops at Sears.

For lunch we picked up a couple of pizzas to take home. Mmmmm. Good pizzas. Actually thought of buying one, freezing it and taking home in my suitcase for Barry. But Barry and everyone else have said no to that idea. Oh well.

Mom, Dad and I took our naps this afternoon. First time since being here that we've napped. I've enjoyed taking mom with me during our stay. It gives Dad a break and allows me to enjoy her company. Good company. After our naps, we went to Mashpee and took my in-laws out to dinner. Dad stayed home. It was our last chance before leaving the Cape to say good-bye to them.

Tomorrow is our last full day on the Cape before leaving Saturday. Have to say that the time here has not flew by. Going at a nice pace. Thank goodness. Did hear from Eileen that she and Roger won't be down this weekend. Roger's got to work and Eileen is catching up on her rest. She's also been near her daughter Tina lately. Her lupus is acting up lately and causing a lot of discomfort. This house will certainly be quiet tomorrow without Roger's voice. He's a one of a kind guy who adds a lot of excitement when he's around.

No comments: