Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

Am just signing on after going to 10 p.m. mass this evening. We got to see the LeJeunes at church. And when I saw them I thought back to all our friends who came into our lives this year. Angels. Each one continues to give us strength each and every day. We are so appreciative, words can not truly explain.

Most of today has been spent by Barry and Tim putting together a new L-shaped desk for Tim's room. The directions said "easy as 1-2-3" and that an assistant may come in handy. The easy part is false, the assistant part is true. It's one project that really tests your sanity. They are determined to finish it before going to bed.

12:18 a.m. -officially Christmas Day. I'm enjoying my glass of sangria and soon will have visions of sugar plums in my head.....

Christmas day is just about over. It was a success. We were pleasantly surprised by phone calls from Aunt Betty and Uncle Howie, and of course Howie Jr. and Debbie. We also got a nice call from TimBa which totally made my day. Later in the evening we heard from Mel and Lucinda as they were driving to Maryland to see the Vikings play. They don't think Mel Jr. will be playing as he hurt his ankle last week in the game. He's listed as questionable. One of the presents I gave Tim today was a Vikings shirt. Have always said, we follow the player wherever he may go. Hopefully he'll play with a more local team so we can once again go to a game.

We bought Barry a smoker for Christmas as he's always wanted to smoke some ribs. Will need Matt's recipe now. Tim got lots of underwear along with one of his favorite gifts which was a wave blender. Has already made a smoothie drink for himself.

Tim and I will be catching an early plane in morning for the Cape. Will be bloggin' and emailing while I'm away.

And for all my friends who just read my blog, am looking for some new blogging comments. This way I know you are there for me.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS...
have a nice time back on the cape.

Anonymous said...

Barry, Tim & Jane,
Looked for you in church today...we went to noon. Father Graff(I mean "Father Sominex") :):)
Merry Christmas...my friends. Smoker, huh? I want a fryer...i can deep fry a turkey in. Does Barry have one of those?
Have a beautiful time on the cape...I must come see it someday.
Sean likes Tim's desk...by the way, tim, Sean got an amp for the guitar...the windows are shaking here...can you hear it????
love,
bj