Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It takes time to heal..

Yes, it was a long day in the city for appts. First appt. was with plastic surgeon at 9 a.m., area is healing very nicely. Just need to cover it twice daily with a saline coverered gauze. Follow up appt. in 6 weeks.

Then off to have chest x-ray. That was the first delay. A long delay and it was made worse by having to sit in uncomfortable chairs. Thank goodness my brain was working in overtime. Since my surgeon's appt. was one floor up in building, I took off and signed in ahead of the scheduled appt. time. Then eventually went back to wait for x-ray. Took a matter of minutes for that test.

Then up to wait for the main surgeon. I think our appt. was at 11 a.m. and we didn't see him until 2 hrs. later. Not sure. He has increased my pain meds, still no baths for me. And am still limited to what I can do with my arms/chest area. Basically restricions remain the same. They will be contacting me for follow up appt. in about 5 weeks.

The surgeon made a comment that hit home to me:

Just look at what you've been through these past few weeks. You've accomplished things that you thought could never be accomplished. From a simple cough to taking a deep breath. From laying in a bed to sitting upright in chair. By looking in the past you can see how much strength you have for the future.


I was a very unusual case for him, but one he had complete faith in the outcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane - on this Thanksgiving, I want you to know how you are first and foremost in my mind. I am thankful for your friendship, for your perseverance an most importantly for your recent surgery and it's positive outcome - you are cancer FREE. Praise God.

I am so glad to know that your doctors feel you are coming along perfectly. In time, your pain will subside and will just be a faint memory. Your body is still healing. Having your doctor reiterate this is peace of mind.

I hope you have a relaxing day, and that Barry is feeling better. You two are very special people who are lifted in prayer daily by many friends/family who love you.

Happy Thanksgiving. Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Hoping you enjoyed the holiday with your family. Glad to hear you are healing well and the doctors are pleased with your progress. Great news! Hopefully, your pain levels go down and you get some relief soon.
Tim held the drum line well last night even in the very, very cold!;)bj

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. Just thought I would let everyone know that I talked to Jane last night - Sunday evening - and she said she is about the same, maybe a little better. She sounded good. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane glad to see you out and about. :You look great!!!!!!!!!
Sue