Wednesday, November 14, 2007

No infection

Went to Pittsburgh yesterday a.m. and met with plastic surgeon. Local home care nurse, and my primary doctor, wanted it to be checked out. And of course, I certainly did. No infection, healing perfectly. The doctor said "a masterpiece."

Continue to be in lots of pain. Out of score of 10, it's an 8 or 9. Can't ever seem to get rid of it. Spoke to primary doctor this afternoon, is doubling my oxycodone effective tonight. Also had me take a percocet, which I did. Then went to bed and tried to lie motionless. No results yet. Very, very uncomfortable, but then just look at the pictures. To cough is like dying. Most pain in shoulder/back area and under my left arm where they took the skin for my chest. Just have to be patient, but very hard to.

Barry's not been feeling well either. Never complains. Has shoulder/side pain.
But he's been keeping up with the housework. Taking pride in it I believe. Awfully good to me these past few days, waiting on me hand and foot.

Off to rest. Bye

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane. That is good news. I'm sure that each coming day will be better for you. Love,JMK

Anonymous said...

ONE DAY AT A TIME!! REST WILL HEAL THINGS NICELY!! adios moe

Anonymous said...

...you'll be back to your old self before you know it. Time heals all.

(The hot tub awaits)

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Jane, Continue to heal and know I think of you often. Congrats to Tim! Ann