Sunday, November 04, 2007

JANE "TREASURES"NO PAIN TODAY!!

We visited Jane couple hours this afternoon. She was in good spirits as the pain was minimal today-the pain team was able to get a perfect painless recipe together-they increased her oxycodone and added some iv toridol to regime. And guess what-after taking her normal celexa and ativan dose she slept soundly from 9pm to 3am last night and was very thankful for same. Second chest tube removed, ate real food at lunch-what do u think of that dougie? Groin triple line removed so peripheral iv placed without incident. Tomorrow they will probably remove the nerve block line,foley,and iv fluids,and the 2 jackson pratts. While we were there used portable phone for her to talk to Eileen and Dougie and that put a large smile on her face.We were able to help Mary the nurse transfer her OUT OF THE UNIT to a monitored bed on the third floor-private room. She still has an arterial line going right into the heart artery area that had the tumor rapped around it-this line checks for flowing of blood and is heard as swishing sound. Interesting she did mention that she had her nose swabbed for the MRSA bug-i told her probably preventive check since she had been on ventilator-should come back negative. Don't forget Jane u did get the flu and pneumonia shot today. After settling her in, Tim drove us home.Tomorrow she will see how she feels in regards to all her blogging buddies seeing the new "WONDER WOMAN SCAR" She has been told by physical therapy that they will have her get up for 3 meals tomorrow. Well Tim is enjoying his new electric guitar game, I am planning to head home Wednesday, and Barry is watching football. Sorry detailed info but Jane wants all the details so she will understand the journey that she has taken.She said she has looked at the chest incision somewhat by bending chin down. adios and thanks for blogging.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good sister you have Jane. She is a blessing to all of you.
A very amazing person from what I read. Get well and may the alien be gone forever and that includes Barry too!(not meaning Barry as an alien,lol)
CW

Anonymous said...

Mo,

Thank you so much for your updates while I was gone. It meant the world to me. I am glad you will be able to stay until Wed. There is nothing like a sister to comfort you. I look forward to seeing her when she is ready.
Give Jane my love. And tell her I am here for her when she gets home!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Thinking of you. Ready to help when you arrive home and need some hands,wheels,dinners etc. I have lots of people on my list who wish to help. So when you are back home and settled you can count on lots of help. I am glad you are having your blog updated so I can get the all the updates on how you are doing. Appreciate it.
hugs to you(lightly) today. bj

Anonymous said...

Hello Jane,

Just now able to get on e-mail since trip to Nemacolin. You were in my thoughts and prayers the whole time. I am so happy that all went well and the Alien is gone. You are a brave woman and are very much my hero.

Love,
Joe Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey Maureen - I'm here, everyday. I just have a hard time getting to the comment section (AOL at it's best). I can get to it faster at work so here I am sneaking it in. Your updates have been fantastic and you being a nurse is ever better. Jane MacGregor hang in there! You are getting better with each day! I love speaking with your dad. I have so many great memories of you all on Nantucket and in Medway. Love you, Ma Lou

Anonymous said...

phone call from jane today!!!!
I was out and Jane called and left me a message. I was so sad that I missed it. Then as soon as I walked in she called. It was so good to hear her voice. She sounded weak, but still the same cheerful Jane. She even made me laugh. She said, "I don't know why anyone would ever have surgery to get their boobs done!" Now that's the Jane we know and love. She said her breathing is labored. She is doing exercises to build her lungs back up. We only talked four minutes and 33 seconds, but it was wonderful. It was just a joy to hear her voice. She said to tell all thanks for all your concern. she is too tired for visitors but hopes to see everyone soon back at home.
becky

Anonymous said...

DEAR JANE
SO GLADE YOUR DOING BETTER. BEEN THINKING ABOUT YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU I WILL BE SURE TO CALL BILLY JEAN TO SIGN UP FOR THE DINNERS. THANKS FOR UPDATING HAVENT GOT ANY CALLS ON HOW YOU ARE DOING. SO I AM GLADE YOUR SISTER UPDATES THE BLOG. LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS YOU DESSERT BUDDIES.