Monday, November 05, 2007

" LOUSEY NIGHT AND DAY IN POST OP LAND FOR JANE"

Not a nice night for Jane at all. Said she was awoken constantly for vs check and the arterial line check-no sleep. She had called us around 11;30 to tell us the same. This am I went to get some goodies for each of the 3 ICU shifts-candy,pastries etc. and a special gift for Patty-Jane signed the cards herself. Barry opted to stay home as he had gotten his neulasta shot this am and he is tired and achey today. After Jane talked to her sister Eileen last noc, Eileen had emergency surgery to remove the hernia mesh they had placed month or so ago for the hernia repair. Dad said today she was ok. She is like Jane and never complains. Carol called today to ask about meal set up-will call her later and set up same for when Jane comes home. Jane had couple physical therapy sessions today, foley out and she took a --- on the commode,iv fluids off-just on short antibiotics,pain block line removed-she said it was about 4-5 inches long needle. This am I also visited the people she works with at the college and told them no flowers but did make a surprize suggestion which they will do!!When I saw Jane she seemed short of breath and she said she had been making some noises when she breathed-after listening to her I said u have audible wheezes-make sure u do the blow bottle routine. Shortly after my arrival I was able to meet the main surgeon-Dr Christie-he told her that the tumor was started to do much wrapping and one or two weeks things would have been BAD. Timing was perfect huh? He told her this am CXR shows lower right lung activity-the repair work involved a nerve down by that lower lung area-will monitor closely-right away Respiratory treatments started for the wheezing and by the time I got home she just called and said she is oxygen all the time now-had need last noc but now her numbers have dropped. Also on the plan is a chest cat scan. I asked the Md. if spot was like an effusion and he said yes.Barry said when Jane and he met with the Md mention of this nerve involvement could happen-might take a while to resolve. She knows I plan to go home Wed. and tomorrows CXR,cat scan whenever will determine course of action. People caring for Jane a special thank u-Linda,Troy,DAna,John,Sheila,Alyson,Florestine I feel naked Jane without your cell phone-don't let the hospital know u have it. Tim at play practice and Barry cooked me a shrimp alfredo noodle meal and also bought some ice cream for later. What more could I ask for. Off to call Mary from the ICU to head up to see Jane and get the bags I put together. Adios Wants me to bring the camera tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maureen: God's timing is perfect. I am reminded of that when you said another few weeks would have been bad. I praise Him that this surgery is over, and am praying for Jane to find the strength each day to face each development.

You are a tremendous support for her - your daily calls and blog updates are a testimony to your love and care for her. You are such a blessing to her and her family.

Give Jane a kiss for me. I will talk to you soon.

JK

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Everyone: Great to chat with you last night Maureen and many thanks for the udpate. As always, we will pray that Jane has a better day today. Sending my best to everyone! Love - Cousin Deb and The CT Gang

Anonymous said...

MEALS FOR KAMINSKE'S

Jane's friend Carol from work called today. She is going to organize and sign up the college and neighborhood people for dinners. She will then give me her list and Jo Ann and I will organize any other friends who would like to sign on. Everyone feels this way there aren't two people bringing dinners over on the same night. Kind of like a divide and conquer the task system. We are asking for big meals so they have leftovers, and in disposable dishes. That saves Jane from worrying about returning any dishes. If anyone is interested give any of us a buzz. We don't want to imposition anyone when there are many people who a night might be good for them to cook. We all anxiously await Jane's return. I told all about her call, how good to hear her voice!!
Becky