Sunday, August 31, 2008

A great community

As we left church this morning, I mentioned to Tim how much it meant to me. I just had a truly wonderful morning. It's not only a building for gathering, but a church is a community of fellowship and friends. In the past we would attend church and immediately get in the car to go home. This is not the case these days. We share conversations, get personal health updates and just plain talk. Teenagers gather around and sit as a group which is so nice to see, especially in this time. It reminds me of Cheers in a way, where no one is a stranger for a long time. It's a place for caring and sharing. Hard to explain but I know that for now we're in a good place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

j,
so glad you have a warm place to fall into on sundays! thinking of you this week ahead and praying you all get the best news and some pain relief.
bj