Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The reason I have a blog

"An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: “Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves” (Katherine Anne Porter)."



Copied from a recent post by a close friend BJ. Touched my heart like all the other comments that are posted on my blog. I don't know how to explain it, but this blog is my therapy. I use it when I'm up and also when my spirit needs to be lifted.

Thanks.

PS. Was able to get chemo today. Continue to have mild headache but was told if they were to get worse to call neurosurgeon right away. I can take ibuprofen for them. I head to pain mgt. doctor in a.m. for triple shoulder shot, X-ray guided.
Barry's driving me.

3 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Jane,

I haven't posted to your blog for awhile now, but I do try to keep up with what is going on in your life. I do pray for you and hope that you will soon feel stronger and be pain free. Praise the Lord for the bible which is full of words of encouragement for us. Some of the many words of encouragement from the bible inlclude:-


“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us” - Romans 8:18

and in the same chapter:

“…we know that for those who love God all things work together for good” - Romans 8:28

and again:

“If God is for us, who can be against us” - Romans 8:31

Your "blogging" friend in Christ,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Jane,

You blog for therapy, and your blog is therapy for me. Sorry we have to be "sisters" of this journey, but it's so nice to have someone else who "gets it". It doesn't matter how many times you hear it, the "C" word still can be a punch in the gut. Hang in there, and we love you! Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane: Hope you get some relief from the shots today. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love Ya,
Deb ;-}