Thursday, August 28, 2008

Triple Shot Injections (TSI) of the right shoulder

I had my last appt. of the week this a.m. with pain management doctor. He gave me a TSI (explained above) of the right shoulder. Procedure involved cleaning the area, inserting via needle an anesthetic to numb the area and a steroid similar to cortisone. This was done by having an oval shaped X-ray tube over my shoulder, showing the doctor the area that he wanted to inject the medicine. 2 of the 3 injections involved pressure but I just took it like a "man." The 3rd was put in my bursa area and I had expected it to be the worst, but it caused no pain. The whole thing took about 10-15 minutes. Explained that the anesthetic would wear off after about 7 hrs. and not to get depressed if the pain would return. And he was right on his calculations, the pain has returned but I am thinking positive thoughts. I told him I continue to fight cancer and that I have a high tolerance level. I have a follow up appt. next month. I told him about my appt. at Presbyterian Hospital next Tuesday for the EMG nerve test for upper extremities. Said that was good idea. I continue to have headache in the back of my eyes ALL day today. Took ibuprofen and sudafed in case it was sinus. I had trouble sleeping this p.m.

Just got off the phone with family. My father is finally feeling relief from his pain for the past few months. Yesterday he also had an injection in lower part of his spine. This was the second injection, different body part in 2 weeks. I know from experience that when you're used to feeling a 10 in pain level, anything is better. He told me that it's about a 4-5 now. Am praying it continues to decrease. He has been having hip issues.

Tomorrow Barry goes for his CT scans in Pittsburgh at 7 a.m. Has not received chemo since last part of January. But have to know that doctor does know best. I have not ever prayed for a miracle, but maybe it's time to. I was always content with the tumors not changing size and growing, but I'm going to ask for a miracle. Wouldn't it be great if the cancer was gone? They always say reach high.

As for Tim, he's made it through 3 days of being a senior. And liking it as usual.
First football game is tomorrow for the band, and his first soccer game is Saturday.
He keeps busy. And continues to be a great kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say have a triple shot of booze -- maybe that will do the trick! If I could will the pain away, it would be gone! Keep up with the positive thoughts. Love ya, Mary Lou

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

I hope Barry's appointment went well yesterday. As we know, God works in mysterious ways and He can do miraculous things.

Praying for you to feel comfortable again and for Barry's results.

Love, JK