Sunday, August 03, 2008

Where did July go?

One week Tim went to soccer camp at the local College where I work.
Followed by a week at a Mission Conference held at the same College, and he stayed in the dorm. I only saw him when I brought him a fan 'cause he was hot.
Came home for one day, and left this past Sunday for his last Band Camp. This is where and when they learn the songs when they march/play at football games and at parades. They have to memorize the songs, no sheet music is ever used while playing.
It's held at a remote location I think so parents can't interfere.

And then they came home on Friday, unloaded off the bus and then continued to practice on home field. Then it was show time at 7 p.m. Barry and I went to see and we knew already from previous years that it was going to be a good performance. I am truly amazed at how much they learn in such a short time. They have a wonderful band conductor and staff. Barry took tons of pictures, I just have to locate them to blog them.

I return to work tomorrow in a part time status. My goal is to work 4 hours. But if I get tired I know now to leave. Last time I was there was April 10th, I remember that due to having chemo on April 11th. A lot has happened since then. I am truly thankful for the loving/caring support of this community and the people who take the time to read my journey online. As I said when I got out of the hospital, I've come a long way baby! And I intend to go even farther!

I am then off the next day for chemo if my blood counts are OK.

Am looking forward to being among friends...........lots of them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you have a great day at work tomorrow!! It was nice sitting with you at church today.
love ya
becky

Anonymous said...

Jane,

You sure have come a long way!! I pray that your work day is a great one. You are very blessed to have such a positive work environment where people truly love you!

Lisa

PS Love the picture of the band. Thanks

Maureen said...

Jane,

I hope you have a wonderful day at work. Being with friends and people who love you is great medicine. Hopefully you will see Mom tomorrow at Dr. Simon's. Her new drug is Taxotere, by the way. She is soooooooo nervous about it. :(

Maureen

Anonymous said...

Jane: Have a great day back at work with all your buddies. Don't push it to hard at first and get plenty of rest when you are home.
Love Ya,
Debs :-}