Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pain update

The taping that P/T did yesterday did decrease my pain level today. Am thankful for that. It's not a miracle (yet) just a much needed "band aid." After about 3 1/2 hrs. at work I've just about had it. Would not be able to work more hrs. at this point. May eventually see dr. in Cranberry that Pretty Patti gave me information on for advanced pain medicine. About 45 mins. away. Mentioned that drs. could place a block in shoulder area to numb the possible nerve that is causing the pain.

Today I had follow up appt. with rehab. dr. that attended to me while I was in local hospital. There was no exam, me just blabbing about what I've been doing for relief. He just nodded his head and agreed with P/T I saw yesterday. No shit! I had always complained about collar bone sticking out and shoulder pain could have been caused by being paralyzed after brain surgery. (I mentioned it to him last visit). He wrote up a script for a shoulder brace if that is my eventual route. Tomorrow I meet with P/T again.

The taping has a specific name that I think starts with an M. Am wrapped up like a mummy.


Updated 9:11 PM

Unfortunately the pain has just returned to the previous level. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are seeing Larry. He was the only one who could unlock my frozen shoulder after my car accident. Please tell him that I said hi from Virginia. He has a golden touch (a gift from above!)

All our Love,

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hey Mummy Woman sounds like you are ready for Halloween. Seriously, sending tons of prayers your way for some pain relief very soon. I am having dinner with my friend who goes to accupture tonight and I am going to ask him more about that. Say hello to Barry and Tim.
Love Ya,
Debs ;-}