Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another chemo drug (mitoxantrone ), blue drug. Maybe blue is my lucky color..

This will be my only posting for this day. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has been praying for us. The local Presbyterian Church asked me the other day if she could coordinate such a thing. The names of the 2 women are Lisa H. and Ronee and I said yes. Yes for it to be a prayer chain only at this time. I thought it was a great idea.

Couple of pre meds, nausea and steroid. Chemo is only about 20 mins. via IV also.

Went right to bed when I got him. Next 4 bus. days I have to go for daily shot to bring my white blood cells up since chemo will know them down. Fridays are my blood work days. By the time I have next treatment (3weeks) I will have lost my hair they say. Unable to sleep, exhausted and have been told it will be that way for awhile. Just when you feel good, you go through the cycle again. Steroids fight sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

Glad you have this under your belt and know what to expect. Hope you can get some sleep and make it through these rough days.

It is the power of prayer that keeps us going. That peace that only God can give comes from others lifting us up to Him and His grace. How wonderful of Lisa H. and Ronee are to coordinate this new prayer chain. More angels for you. :-)

Sucks losing the hair again but you are beautiful without hair too. Your eyes sparkle more and show your remarkable soul.

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

Hey Wonderwoman: Glad to hear you have one treatment down. Hope the shots help with the pain issue. As for hair, it's the fashion to have short or shaved hair right now, so you are in fashion! Be sides bandanas are also in fashion right now! Still keeping my prayer tree going for ya also.
Love Ya,
Debs ;-}