Saturday, September 20, 2008

Going to soccer game tonight..

I continue to sleep/rest a lot. Today I'm planning on seeing Tim's soccer game at 7:30 p.m.. Have not seen him play in a long time.

Today was his first day at local senior residence as a volunteer. I think he'll enjoy that job. Already had a good day. Can understand through his own personal experience that just by listening you can make someone's day a lot better. He says the activities coordinator reminds him of my sister Maureen. Full of energy and loves working her patients. One of the patients remembered him from before. And the lady that hired him had a picture on her desk of when he was at the Sr. Prom last year!

Updated blog 10:36 p.m.

The team they played, played dirty in my opinion. And unfortunately it went into double OT and they scored with seconds to go. Final score: the dirty team 1, the clean team 0. And I do believe one of the refs needs to have his eyes checked to notice how dirty the other team played. At times I felt like I was at a football game! But with the pain I was in, I can't waste my energy yelling and getting upset.
I just know that I am proud of how our team handled themselves.

Planning on going to Presbyterian Church tomorrow. And hoping the College Pres. and his wife Bev is there. For some reason the Beckster has not met them. Can you believe that? I know someone that she doesn't know... Also am hoping to sit with Patti. Did I mention that the elderly gent from that church stopped by my house to pray with and for me. His name is Joe and he's one of the kindest men I have known.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the match(is it a soccer game or match????) tonight! It should be perfect early fall weather. Sounds like a big week ahead of you so rest tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family..... linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane! I'm so glad to hear you're going to the game, match, whatever! It will be fun for you guys! It is a beautiful day out and don't know 'bout you, but I love a beautiful, sunny, warm day! And it is the last weekend of summer and then lets hope for a beautiful fall like last year's! I just love the pride you show in Tim - he'll always carry that with him! Hope and pray that the pain is more under control and that your tests will go well next week. You do look good bald, so don't even worry! Love and hugs,
Denise

Jenny said...

Hi Jane,
My name is jenny. I have been following your blog for some time now. I have been praying for you. I am a friend of Melda's and she is who told me about
You and barry and Tim. Thank you for checking out my posts too as I get the same satisfaction in writing as you do. Please know although you feel the fight is endless there are friends you haven
t even met holding you and your family up in prayer. Be Blessed this day . And Renewed with stronger, pain free, mobility. ~jenny

Anonymous said...

Jane,
Thinking of you all these days. I will see if my co-worker/friend can give me a copy of the Salute to Courage footage he did for Joanne. It really is nice. I pray you find some pain relief and am so glad you fight on and show us all how to persevere through overwhelming trials and pain. You give us all a wake up call. Enjoy health and life!
hugs,
bj

Anonymous said...

Hope you and Barry have fun at the game....I need a good picture of Tim so ask Barry to take one with his great camera. LOL I hope you have a warm coat on tonight as it is cold here in Rhode Island. I miss you guys so much. I was just thinking about your camper...I won't be trailor trash now LOL Have a great rest of the week end.
Love u
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Good luck with soccer! Hope you get a win! Glad you get to be there. Will be thinking of you as you head into those tests and more chemo. Thanks for keeping us posted! Love, Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane!

Sorry to hear about that game - would have been nice to have a win for your sake. Life ain't fair at times; glad to hear the kids realized that and presented themselves in a respectable way.

If it was Joe H. who came to your house, he truly is a godly man. (I attended that church through college.) You are blessed to be loved by two church families!!

Love, JK

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed our time together at the Salute to Courage dinner last Thursday. JoAnn's story and yours are so inspirational! Sorry we didn't make it to church this morning! You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers...I hope your chemo goes well this week. Bev

JF said...

Hi Jane,
Hope this response finds you with minimal or no pain today. I was speaking to Vinnie Salvia the other day and he filled be in on how you and Barry were doing and I just wanted to say hi to both of you. I will keep you both in my prayers. If I know Barry, and if it wasn't for his son being on the clean team he would probably be rooting for the dirty team. Vinnie was telling me what a good kid Tim is. It sounds like he trully is. Keep up the blogging and remain a survivor for many years to come. Best to both of you. Jim Fair (Newsday)