Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Chemo now at work..

As planned I saw Dr. Simon at 9:45 a.m. after my blood work was checked and found to be OK. I am emotionally pooped today, here's a very brief summary to explain (if receiving chemo wasn't enough!)

home by noon, grilled cheese and tomato sandwich quickly cooked, people who have bought Barry's old truck stopped by for us to go to local bank 1 p.m. to close on their loan, there for a couple of hours due to screwup in their original branch location, off to AAA to sign off on title.

two good things came from this day. truck sold and cash is in our hands! but since I had no break after getting chemo my body has paid a price, physically and mentally. Oh yes, insurance has been canceled on truck. That was also sitting on our heads. Within 5 mins. of getting home which was about 3:45 p.m. I was in my jammies. Don't get me wrong, I took my meds before my head hit the pillow and took the phone off the hook. I couldn't wait to fall asleep, aches and all.

Just got up at 7 p.m. Of course my sister Maureen wondered how my medi port worked. Am very thankful I have that. A small blessing.

Now I'm sending my son to get Subway. No intention of cooking or even reheating. PS again. Tim just intercommed me and he's making egg sandwiches. Mmmm.

Am hoping tomorrow is less eventful. I already know my account will have more money in it.

November 6th is my next CT/MRI scans. Will be a little over 3 months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

with all u do in your lives i should never complain that i am even a little bit tired!! have a less stressful day! adios moe