Sunday, September 07, 2008

I love Sundays

We went to church this a.m. and sat with the President of the College and his wife, Rick and Bev. And I got to introduce Tim to both of them. It was so nice. The greeters at the door today was one of my co-workers and her husband. It is so nice when you know so many people, and they know you. After the service I introduced my self to the new Pastor of a couple of months. It's a small town when you are meeting someone for the first time and they that they've heard about you. Kind of makes you feel special, in a very special way. His name is Ralph and I've followed his own blog. So he asked me for my blog address and have emailed it to him. His blog entries are more wordy than mine though. Must be the preacher in him! On his first day at the church the congregation wore bow ties, all in honor of him 'cause that's what he usually wears. He got a kick out of it.

One of my favorite songs was song today. Open the Eyes of My Heart. My favorite one is Awesome God though. I truly get so much strength from music, especially the lyrics. Here is a chorus from a Christian singer Natalie Grant that touched my heart:

I will stumble
I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved

----------------------

What I get out of these lyrics is I will stumble, fall but eventually stand with Christ.

2 comments:

Basketwebb said...

Jane,

You are very blessed to have such a "warm, friendly" church family.
I too love that song and I also am a Natalie Grant fan.

Blessings to you today.

Your blogging friend, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane:

We all stumble and fall. It is our attitude and how we deal with our trials and troubles that shows our true character.

You pick yourself up each and every time and show all of us that true strength and perseverance exists. And faith matters. :-)

Much love, JK