Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cancer Sucks, haven't I said that before?

I woke up this a.m. with pain in my chest. By 9 a.m. Barry took me to E.R. CT Scan was done of my chest, and the cancer has grown. More nodules in lungs (along with growth), something with chest wall (can't remember) and it looks like it has spread to my liver. I've cried a lot today. I just don't hate cancer, I hate the effect it will have on Tim.

Have not rested yet today, but wanted to post an update. Pain continues, pain meds have not kicked in yet.

By the way, since we live in small town the Reverend Lisa just called to say I'm on their prayer chain. She didn't realize I had just got the news today. I was talking about Tim and how proud I was of him. I told her this: and she said sounds like a great idea.

I am so proud of Tim. He just got his class rank and he's in the top 10 out of 126 students! I wasn't going to blog, but what the hell. I want to scream at the top of my lungs today to tell everyone this good news, especially today. So open up your windows and here I come...

Why should we only talk negative, and be afraid to talk positive?


8 PM Update
Pain is no better. It's a constant stinging pain, which because I have to breathe then there is of course pain. Have taken two more dosages of pain med. My main concern right now is to get the pain under control. Got out of control last night as I thought I was calmly sleeping. No way.

The ER room has made an appt. with my Pittsburgh oncologist to go over these results. That'll be Tuesday at 11:45 a.m. This cancer lives up to its reputation, fast moving and aggressive. It was only 5 weeks since my last CT scan, and VOILA.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane.....I am so sorry to hear that. If you want me to come to Pa all you have to do is ask. I can be there in a flash. Please don't be afraid to ask me. I am here for you, Barry and Tim.
All my love to you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane -

I'm screaming from the rooftop at our household as well -

Your words made me think of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUGR2Tarttc&feature=related

Hope you get a chance to listen - its called, "I want to love you out loud."

We all love you out loud Jane. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Words cannot begin to convey how very much I am hurting for you right now with this news. As always - you approach it head on with honesty and strength. It is what it is.

We know life comes with the good and the bad, and I'm SOOOO happy for Tim & your family with his GOOD news! It gives you something else to concentrate on. Way to go!

I will continue praying for you, and will concentrate on relief from this pain.

I love you, JK

Anonymous said...

Jane: 100% of my heart goes out to you three for all you have been going through especially you kido. If there is anything I can do, just say the word. Every one in Connecticut is praying for you and you are on three church prayer trees. I will give you a call over the weekend lady! Hang strong!
Love Ya,
Deb ;-}

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Cancer sucks INDEED! Your blog is such window into what people that are battling this illness go through. Today's entry is especially poignant. On a day when you received really devastating news, you rejoice in the wonderful achievements of your hard working son.

Katie called me to the computer last night to look at a pic he put on facebook that was from his youth. It was a pic of him and a Nintendo unit. His caption, BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!! He was grinning from ear to ear. Darling pic!

Hoping and praying for some relief from your pain.

Most sincerely, Linda

Anonymous said...

Jane, I am sitting here in tears for all you have been through and continue to go through. I am so sorry for the pain you are in and the horrible news you got. But, I love the fact that Tim is doing so well in his studies. Our children keep us going Jane. Mine continue to be my focus too. Here is a big and gentle cyber hug. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers... Marie D

Basketwebb said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Congratulations on your son Tim's accomplishment. You can be proud of him, he reflects all the positive influences/strengths that you have shown him. Your blogging friend in Christ, Sheila