Friday, September 12, 2008

God has a plan for me

Everyone knows how important a plan is. But I've had to change my way of thinking of a plan. I now realize that the situation has changed, so therefore the plan has to. I will continue to be optimistic but realistic at the same time. I'm running out of body parts you know! And my new way of thinking is this: It's all in God's plan! and hands anyway.

I once heard an interview from Randy Pausch, they mentioned that they do not have to like the cancer but will deal with it. Or something like this.

My main concern now is to get control of the pain, which hasn't happened yet. Per my local oncologist (and Maureen's suggestion) we've switched the class of pain meds.
Spent most of the day in bed, tossing and turning, not being able to get comfortable. My chest continues to have a burning sensation, a tightness as if my chestplate is going to explode. I look back at the past couple of weeks, when i was going over speed bumps I would stiffen to lessen the impact. So it was changing previously.

And I got good news from Tim today. He tried out and got a position with the Chamber Singers with the chorus! Had told me last year that when the auditions were going to happen, that was his intention.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad i gave u some insight into one day at a time and u usually listen-the issue at hand is to be comfortable and get thru til tues when u know the next plan!! your house is a pharmacy!!! can u post the picture u sent me of tim? p.s. my nursing consults are always free- and tomorrow i will continue to go to work and put a smile on my face cause i am not in the bed-your earing is always with me and thruout the day many remark about why i am wearing 2 different earings and they smile when i tell them why and always say they will think of u-what better positive energy could there be? adios and hi to the men in your life MOE

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane.........I just talked to the Beckster. LOL I just love her. Her husband is coming this way next week, so if you want me I am just a ride away. Please remember how much we all love you, Barry and Timmy. Take those pain meds so you can get some rest. I won't call you in case you are sleeping. All my love to you
Eileen

Anonymous said...

In our prayers as always.

Anonymous said...

Jane, God does have a plan for all of us and we have to hold onto the fact that His eternal plan is the most important. That we will be reunited with those that we love and that love and trust Him one day in heaven.

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

had a good talk with Eileen. thought she might enjoy taking a "rocket" ride back to Pa with Rick. Just an option if you need it. Thinking of anything that can help. your last couple of blogs just leave me speechless...one for your news and the other for your tremendous insight and last of all from your humor!! you know i love humor. i have the image of you yelling out your window TIM IS IN THE TOP TEN OF HIS CLASS NEW WILMINGTON!!! like we already didn't know... WE LOVE YOU
becky

Anonymous said...

Lisa P. said it so well Jane!

God's plans and our plans rarely are the same. He is so much wiser. We ourselves become wise when we recognize beforehand that it is all the working of His hands, and realize that there are blessings and silver linings in each situation.

Your son is proving to you and those around him that he is strong, that he will succeed and that above all he loves you. One of the silver linings in all of this.

I read this recently Jane, and I immediately thought of you:

"Some people are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. " - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

I love you friend. JK