Friday, June 09, 2006

3rd Relay Walk today

After work today I'm going to my 3rd Relay for Life walk this year. Heading there early to walk the track for an hr. in preparation for the survivor's lap. For me I need a push at times, and thanks for that nice poem "anonymous." I need that.

As planned I did go to the Relay for Life walk where I met a few of my friends. I remember going to that event last year, a day after I had received a chemo treatment. What a difference a year makes. Being a part of these events means so much to me. It's an emotional event. Just makes me realize once again how many angels are on this earth.

I am off on Monday as Barry will be having CT scan done along with a repeat MUGGA scan. This will be first MUGGA scan since February when he started this new treatment. That monitors his heart as this chemo drug can do a job on the heart. I continue to pray for shrinkage of this larger tumor. We will then meet with the doctor to go over the results.

I had been thinking of not blogging for awhile. Thought that perhaps no one is reading especially with every one going on with their busy lives and upcoming vacation plans. But perhaps there are one or two out there reading without commenting. I can say that commenting does give me purpose. I will especially remember the latest poem. That was a good one! Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

H Jane.....please continue your blog as I am a faithful reader. Please take care of yourself, Barry and Tim. Good luck to Barry this coming week. Since Fred is on vacation for the next two weeks, I'm depending on you to keep us up to date on how he is doing. Gerry.....