Monday, June 12, 2006

No change in CT scan today

Barry and I were at Pittsburgh hospital by 7 a.m. this morning. He had a CT scan done, followed by a MUGGA scan. At 10 a.m. we arrived at this doctor's office. We didn't see the doctor until just before noon. And as you can expect, we saw the doctor for about 5 minutes. A very long wait. Wouldn't be bad if you knew before hand that it would be such a long wait. You could have planned around it, like get a bite to eat or nap in a chair without the anticipation of being called. From the beginning we were told the results would be one of three things: No change and shrinkage would be good signs, or the cancer could grow. It has stayed the same, no change. So we have to be thankful of this result. After two cycles of this treatment the cancer has not grown. Next Tuesday will be his 3rd treatment.

By the time we got out of the hospital it was about 12:30 p.m. We found a Costco on the way home and had hotdogs. A quick lunch since we had not eaten breakfast. Didn't get home until after 2 p.m. Barry quickly changed and went off to work. I went to the track and walked 2 miles. Tim played racquetball with a friend.

By 4 p.m. I was mentally and physically tired and took a nap. When I woke up I defrosted some 'sgetti sauce and meatballs that Meg had made us awhile back. Believe me, that was a blessing. To have a nice meal without having to cook after a long day. An angel!

That's it for now. Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how hard the anticipation was.... and the news was good. This glass is half full....
Sorry I missed you at the relay in Hickory, I was there earlier in the day. I hope to see you soon, and show off my ultra curly hair.. and give you a hug.
Aileen